Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Big Pocking Wrench

I found a new comic series that is great! It is called Girl Genius.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/



The basic premise is that it is a Victorian era world and the elites of the world are those who can create inventions and mechanical devices. Everything is run on steam or gears and springs.

The witty repartee is hilarious and the authors are never afraid to follow a funny segue. The best example I can give you is in the next link.


To set the scene, a group of people are travelling through the sewer on a rescue mission. The two guys in the middle of the first panel are local plumbers who have been forced to show them where secret tunnels are. The guy with the purple face mask is a 'special agent' for the local royalty. He does not appear to be a gentle person.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060505

I recommend sitting down for a good read and be prepared to laugh.

2 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger something witty said...

darrell will be so proud

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

it is one I came across a while back, but for one reason or another I never quite got into it. I'll have to check it out some more. I do remember thinking that it is a cool concept. I'm not sure why I didn't continue looking at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home